Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tomorrow

Sunday is technically Lauren's last day of being a baby! On Monday she'll be one....where does the time go?

A year ago today we were at home, between hospital stays for the attempted and eventually failed induction. I remember being so tired from the night in the hospital, but yet feeling so peaceful because I knew that my baby was going to be here soon. It took another two days and some theatrics, but she got here safe and sound!

Now, the house is quiet - except for the roar of the tractor pulls at the fairgrounds. Mike and Lauren are sleeping and I am reflecting on the last year. It has been simply magical. Lauren was the ideal baby...need an example, the first night Mike went back to work after she was born was the first time she slept through the night. I find myself sitting just watching her. I like to watch her squat when she is playing...for some reason that just seems like such a big girl thing to do. I like to watch her watch things and drop things on purpose just so she can say "UH, OH"

The house is also clean and awaiting our friends and family that will be here tomorrow to help us celebrate. All the items are crossed of my list. I know that I forgot something...but if I did - who cares. Tomorrow is all about celebrating the life of my baby - Lauren Kathryne - who won't be a baby any more...

PS - there may be tears!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wait! You mean, since Cooper is over a year old now he's not a baby anymore?! I refuse to accept it! LOL Seriously, I refuse.

    I hope Lauren's party is amazing and fun and all you want it to be tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete