Friday, October 23, 2009

If its not one thing...

...its another.

Lauren has been handling getting her new teeth fairly well. We only have the dreaded "I" teeth left and we'll be done for a while. She gets a little crabby and we give her some Motrin and she's good.

She had some sinus issues for a while...nothing a little Sudafed couldn't fix.

But now, we are having sleep issues...for like the second time ever. I will not complain too loudly because I have friends (love ya Julie) whose baby's have had sleep issues pretty much since the beginning. And I know I am making it bigger in my head that it really is. It just worries me.

Lauren had become a night owl...being ready for bed between 9 and 10. She'd sleep all night and get up around 8 or when I had to wake her about 6:15 for daycare. Then, for 5-6 nights in a row she was an absolute bear to get to sleep. Kicking, screaming, etc. and it resorted in many car rides to finally get her to sleep. I knew this was a habit that I didn't want to get too deep into.

After consulting many knowledgable mommies, including the Daycare Goddess, Kathy, I tried putting Lauren to bed way early - like 7 - thinking that she was getting overly tired. I have tried that for 2 nights now. The first resulting in us being awake at 3:30 and the second at 4.

Tonight, we are meeting in the middle and going to bed at 8...I won't be far behind her!

1 comment:

  1. LOL Amy - thanks for that shout out - yup, we have serious sleep issues here in this house. You can still complain as often or as loud as you wish though - sleep issues are brutal even if short-lived. I'm hoping our long-term sleep issues here with Cooper buy me a free pass on some of the other stuff that comes up in the later years -- kind of doubting it will though haha.

    ReplyDelete