Sunday, October 4, 2009

Race for the Cure

Lauren and I, along with our friends, Brenda and Morgan participated in Omaha's Race for the Cure on today. At place where we started from it didn't look like there was a horde of people there, but as soon as we came up over the hill and could see 20,000 people it was inspiring. A great big lump came to my throat to see it! It was amazing to run into people we knew along the route - coworkers, friends and coworkers that are friends. The most amazing part was thinking about the 22,000 people that paid a minimum of $25 bucks to be there and how far that can go to finding a cure.

I walked in honor of my friend, Julie, who is currently kickin' cancer's a$$! I also had in my head Johnylyn Williams, who is the art teacher at our school and my friend Becky's mom (whose name is escaping my head right now) who are both survivors. I also thought about the friends and family who were walking "In Memory" of their loved ones who lost the battle, but are not forgotten.







2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Amy!! I'm so grateful for your support and participation in the fight for a cure. You are an amazing friend. I love you! -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was more than an honor for me to do this! Brenda and I were also in charge of snacks for our staff meeting on Monday and everything was PINK!!! I am also hanging up a stat in our teachers' lounge every day this month to raise awareness.

    ReplyDelete