Thursday, January 29, 2009

...and My Heart Melted

Tonight I had the first night of this semester's round of Parent-Teacher Conferences. If you think you hate going to them - just imagine sitting through 25 of them.

Of course, because its how life works, Mike had to work tonight. Fortunately we are lucky enough to have great friends like Kristen, Jay, Kate and Wil to play with Lauren until I could pick her up. I walked in the living room and she was excited to see me - as usual. She got a big smile - as usual and started flapping her arms - as usual. But, when I picked her up, she leaned in for a kiss and then laid her head on my shoulder and snuggled in...and then my heart melted.

PS - Thanks Kristen, Jay, Kate and Wil! You guys rock!

3 comments:

  1. I bet you are glad this week is over. I am sure you gave all the parents good vibs on their kids. There is always something good to say about someone's child if you look hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't that great! Cooper is reaching his arms out to me now when he wants me to pick him up and he opens his mouth and puts it against my cheek and neck to "kiss" me - totally melts me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. Great Grandma Holm was overjoyed to see Lauren on Sunday. Lauren also got to meet Great Uncle Joe and Great Aunt Pat Hajek and their daughter JoAnn. She was the “hit” of the rehab unit. Everyone would comment about how “cute” she is. She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete