Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to the Salt Mines

After 2 week plus vacation, it is time to go back to work on Monday! I am glad that Mike didn't work tonight, so he'll be home in the morning. That means Lauren will be hanging out with him, so I don't have to get her to daycare. We didn't have school the last day before vacation because of the weather, so I have some work to get done that I was going to do that day!

It is hard to believe how much Lauren has changed in the two weeks! I was just writing a note to Kathy (Daycare Goddess) so Mike didn't have to fill her in on all the details. She sits up, she rolls, she eats veggies, she takes prunes with her oatmeal and she has moved to bathtime in the bath tub instead of sink. Even her looks have changed. Her eyes are this amazing blue. Most of her dark brown baby hair is gone and is filling in with light blonde hair. The spot on her head that the dr. was worried about has really fixed itself and she is grabbing everything in sight! She especially likes computers - I wonder where she gets that from :-).

Didn't quite get the living room back together, although all of the Christmas stuff is packed and put away. I am sure I forgot something, somewhere as it seems you always do. I'll have to work tomorrow night on getting things back together. We are taking the coffee table out of the living room to allow for more playroom. I am looking forward to a little rearranging tomorrow night! It is amazing the things I can get done when Mike isn't here....although I have to give him big credit for taking Lauren on errands with him Saturday for six hours so I could unpack from our trip and start getting things organized! They spent some time with Grandpa and Grandma Holm!!!!

Hope everyone's new year is off to a great start.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I could have written that post - the living room mess but the Christmas stuff put away - the crazy growth and changes Coop has had in a super short time - the fact that our dining/living room is about to be tranformed into a play room - just need to go buy a bunch of gates to keep the animals out so I can put a mat down on top of the rug and not worry about dog hair tumble weeds getting into Coop's hands LOL...ah the fun continues :)

    ReplyDelete